Sunday, September 25, 2011

Full Of Hot Air

I was standing in my kitchen, doing all of the mindless little chores that needed to be done in there, when Jess suddenly (and loudly) said "OH MY GOSH, MOM! In the back yard..." She was standing at the sliding glass doors and staring out. My first thought was a wild animal. Was it a bear? A moose? The Loch Ness Monster? I ran to the door and looked out to see this. A very large hot air balloon was landing... in my back yard. No, this is not zoomed up at all. In fact, it looked much closer in real life.



I snapped this picture and then shot a video. (Sadly, Blogger is not behaving well and won't let me upload it. I might try again later.) Anyhoo, the balloon got closer and closer. We could clearly see the occupants' faces. We waved at them. They smiled and waved back. Then the "driver" gave it some gas and it slowly lifted up, just enough to barely squeak by the top of our two story house.


He crossed our street, and then did the same sort of drop down into the neighbor's back yard.


And then lifted back up again to head on his merry way. In all, it was very exciting for our sleepy little neighborhood. Dogs were barking, kids were running around and yelling, adults were out in their yards, taking pictures. That's cool stuff. You know what? I've never been up in a hot air balloon before. Too bad he didn't leave a card.


No comments:

Post a Comment