Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Day In Antwerp

We decided to do something a little different today, so some friends and I went out for lunch... in Antwerp. I am enjoying these things while I can, because all too soon I'll be going out to eat at McDonald's again. Or maybe Wendy's. Boy, I really miss Wendy's. Anyway...


Antwerp Central is one of the most beautiful train stations in all of Europe. It alone is worth the trip over there.







They just don't make them like this anymore.


After a nice walk down to the old part of town, I enjoyed a yummy cappuccino and a fresh waffle with warm cherries. It's OK. I'm on vacation today, so the fat and sugar doesn't even count. Vacations Rules, you know. Check the handbook.


Here are my awesome lunch companions. They made the day a total blast.


We did a little sight seeing before we had to head for home. Check out the Cathedral of Our Lady. Gorgeous!


Of course we had to stop by the Town Hall and visit the statue of Brabo. I've covered the basics of Antwerp in other posts, so feel free to go back and read about the history.






And the perfect way to end the day... a cup of happiness from Starbucks to enjoy on the train ride back home again. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment