Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pottery and Sad Goodbyes

Some great friends of ours are heading back to the states. This is one of the only bad things about our nomadic lifestyle. But when you think about it, if it were for the military, we would never have met them to begin with. We decided to spend one of our last nights together doing something that we've had a blast doing in the past...racing at the go kart track. All too soon, the night was over. Next thing you know, and we're taking them to the airport. Sadness. The Smiths are some amazingly awesome people, and it's hard to let them go, but they're ready for the next stage in their life. Retirement. And new adventures on the horizon. They have started On Target Outdoor Ministries, so be sure to check them out. When you do, say Hi for me. I'm sure our last year in Belgium will go just as quickly for us as it did for them, and we will soon meet up with the Smiths at Disney World! It's been a week full of endings, it seems. I had my last pottery class this week. We spent the day glazing our creations and getting them ready for their final firing. I must admit, I'm pretty proud of my work... especially my bowls. I'll post more pics after they are fired, so you can see the final products. Maybe I'll add a pottery room when Russ builds me my castle. Then I can become a famous artist and sell my bowls on the internet. Our retirement is fast approaching, so I need to be thinking about the future. Castles don't build themselves, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment