Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Captain Of His Own Destiny

Yesterday, I packed my baby (yes, I know he's 13 now, but he's still my baby) onto a bus and sent him off on a week long school trip. Today, he's in another country, learning how to sail a boat. And I'm sad. I'm slowly adjusting to Jessica heading off on her own adventures. She's 17, and almost ready to leave the nest. Now I am watching Brandon start to do the same. I think it's a little harder over here, because when they take school trips, they really take trips! Heck, Jess has been to England 3 times already! Brandon went to the Ardennes last year! I'm happy that they are getting to have these wonderful experiences that most people only dream about, but it's still sad. My babies are growing up. I guess you can't keep them home forever. Or can you? Hmmmm. I do have rope and duct tape. Don't tell anyone. It'll be our little secret.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I TOTALLY know how you feel... Thinking about empty nest and how rapidly it's approaching... Sigh.

    On a lighter note, YAHOO I'm coming to Europe soon! :)

    ReplyDelete