Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chateau d'Attre

While passing near the town of Brugelette recently, we were checking out the fields of mustard and other farmland when this beauty popped up out of nowhere. The last thing we were expecting to see in this rural area was a huge mansion. Turns out, this is an 18th century castle called Chateau d'Attre. How cool is that? It was built on the foundation of a medieval fortress, and sits on a 17 hectare (a little over 42 acres) estate of beautiful woods and gardens. The castle and gardens are open to the public from 2 to 6 pm on Sundays during September and October. I doubt we'll be about to fit it in this year, but it will definitely go on my list of places to further explore in the future! If you are interested in finding out a little bit more about this beautiful chateau, then check out this link! http://www.chateauxduhainaut.be/

2 comments:

  1. I remember passing by this on the way to Chievres! You literally turn a blind corner and *BAM*, there's a gorgeous mansion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I yelled at Russ to stop the car, because I had to get a picture of the mansion in the middle of no where. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete