Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Useful Objects

A while back, I happened upon yet another antique scale. Yep. They are my weakness. It was different from the others (and very inexpensive), so of course... I had to have it. The hubby has never told me that I shouldn't buy them, but I knew I was facing another bout of eye rolling and those dreaded words "Another scale? Really? How many of those things do you need?" So I quietly cleared off the bathroom counter, installed my new beauty front and center, filled both sides with the items that I had just removed, and walked away. The hubby came home from work and went about his business. And I waited. And waited. And the kids cleaned up before bed time and said "Mom? What ..." and I shushed them. The ball was in his court. Nothing. I'm not very good at the waiting game, but I stood firm on this one. Finally... the next morning, just before he walked out the front door to work, he said "By the way, did you really think I wouldn't notice another scale if you filled it full of junk?" "What? That old thing?" I answered. "It's been there forever. Have a great day." Hmmmmm. I just might be on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment