Friday, February 24, 2012

A Day In Maastricht With My Favorite Peeps

The kids are out of school this whole week, so Russ took today off and we went to Maastricht for lunch. It's one of my favorite cities over here, so any excuse to go there is a good one. Even though it was overcast and misty, the market was still in full swing. We walked around for a little bit and then ducked into one of our favorite restaurants to eat. As I was sitting there listening to my family talking, with Italian music playing in the background and the smell of fresh baked pizza in the air, I just couldn't help but think how very lucky I am. Does life really get any better than this? These are the moments that I'll remember once we are back in the states, and Jess is off to college. Don't you wish you could trap days like this in a box, and open them up to peek inside once you are old and gray? Well, older and grayer than I am right now at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment