Friday, February 17, 2012

Scaled Down Collections

There she is. Isn't she amazing? On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give her a 10. I've been looking for her forever. She balances out my collection, you know. OK, I'll stop before you start throwing things at your computer. I think my scale collection is now complete, so my hubby can rest easy. I saw one of these when I first moved here, but didn't snatch it up. Now I'm glad, because this one is in even better shape than the other. She's brass, you know. And she's gorgeous. I have no idea why I've become obsessed with antique scales, but I have. And no, I have no idea where they will eventually go once we retire, but I can assure you that they will have a place of honor in our home. And they will always remind me of my wonderful days in Belgium, exploring new towns and searching for the perfect (and affordable) antique. And I've picked up some amazing things, some of which I haven't even shared on this blog. You'll just have to come and visit me when I get back to the states and see for yourself what mystical treasures I've brought home with me. Now you're really wondering, aren't you...



No comments:

Post a Comment