Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year 4K Run

Happy Leap Year! Did you ever wonder why on earth we have a leap year to begin with? It seems that you have to add one day to February every 4 years in order to keep the astronomical and seasonal year on track. Seasons have a mind of their own, you know, as it's up to us to try to keep up. With that in mind, some of the fabulous ladies at KB decided to do something special to commemorate this event. So they planned a Leap Year 5K run/walk. No, the title is not a typo. I tend to travel to the beat of my own drummer, so I figured that I would do a 4K in honor of Leap Year coming every 4 years. (That and the fact that I just didn't feel like running the extra kilometer today. So sue me.) We met at a local Fitometer (outdoor nature track) and took off for some healthy celebrating. As we were warming up and discussing how many laps we had to do around the track to do a 4K or 5K, some locals jogged by. "Stop talking and start running" he said, in perfect English. Well. If you're going to put it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment