Friday, February 3, 2012

Antiques Are Like Real Estate




No, really. They are. What's the most important factor in setting the price for real estate? Location! Location! Location! The same is true for antiques. Which is really crazy when you think about it, because you can move them where ever you want. I'm not talking about where you keep it, though. I'm talking about where you buy it. The nicer the place and more foot traffic it gets, the higher your price. I was looking through my Pottery Barn catalog the other day ( I LOVE Pottery Barn. I would live in their pages if it were only possible. I like to think that Pottery Barn and I would be friends if I had a lot more money and perhaps a tad more style. We'd go out for cappucino together and I would call her PB, because we'd do cute things like that.) and came across a few things that were very familiar. Maybe I have more style than I thought. There on the fabulous pages of PB were some of the treasures that I've collected since we moved to Belgium. My jars, my trogs... heck, they even had my irons! But something wasn't quite the same. Ahhhhh. Location. All my treasures together didn't cost what one of those glorious Pottery Barn trogs (bread bowls?) did. And that makes my lovely finds just that much more special. Besides, now I can tell the hubby that they are investments. Just the sound of that word makes him smile. See? Now we're all happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment