Sunday, August 16, 2009

Maynard the Deer

Listen, my children, and you will hear
The interesting story of Maynard, the deer. Maynard flew in from the U.S. of A.,
And insisted the garage was the place he must stay.



We coaxed and we pleaded, and he finally came out,
Into the yard where he frolicked about.

Maynard suddenly stopped and pricked up an ear.
What was that sound? Just what did he hear?
Oh, no, my dear Maynard! You are were right to be wary!
A hunter is here and he looks very scary!
He drew back his bow and took steady aim.
Maynard was sure he did not like this game!
"Oh, woe is me," Maynard said with a sob.
"The last thing I want is to be a deer shish-ka-bob!"
The hunter felt sorry for Maynard, and so
He took out the arrows and then let the deer go.
Poor little Maynard was allowed to roam free.
He now has a limp, and a scar on one knee.
I heard him exclaim as he rounded the bend,
"You have not seen the last of me! This is SO not the end!"

1 comment: