Monday, December 12, 2011

On The Twelfth Day of Christmas...Another Christmas Market!

We normally have a bunch of snow at this time of the year, but Mother Nature has been cutting us some slack lately. And while I appreciate it when it comes to driving, I miss it's beautiful backdrop for our Christmas Markets.


When we were walking past this Santa statue, I noticed Russ kept his eyes on it. On closer inspection, I realized that it wasn't a statue at all.


This guy was excellent at staying in character. I watched him for a while, and he didn't even blink! He was completely still until some little ones came by. Then he moved ever so slowly until he lowered his basket enough for them to get a treat. Two thumbs up for Mr. Santa Statue!


The temporary ice skating rink was also a big hit - with all ages!

My favorite part of any Christmas Market is just walking around, listening to the music (it's American!), and people watching. And the food is delicious, too.


The old Visitors Center was looking particularly lovely this year. She had a face lift this past year, and is now a fantastic restaurant. They added a hotel off to the side, as well.


One day closer to Christmas. I'm not very well prepared this year, but it's all good. I'm sure the last minute gift panic will kick in any day now and I'll lose my cool, but for now... I'm relaxing with a hot cup of coffee and my awesome family. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment