Monday, December 19, 2011

Cologne Christmas Market

Russ had to work, so the kids and took off to Cologne, Germany, to go to their Christmas Markets. Cologne has not one, but FIVE different Christmas Markets. The one at the base of the Cathedral is my favorite. This year, we shopped under a canopy of Christmas lights. They did a fantastic job of decorating for the Markets. We spent the day wandering around the city with a fantastic group of people from KB. They had booths full of everything from ornaments and assorted gifts, to delicious food and gluhwein.

And don't forget a visit to the Nativity Scene: Mary and Joseph, pushing baby Jesus in a shopping cart. Hmmmm, something seems a little off about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm sure it's just me. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment