Thursday, March 31, 2011

Todays Theme...is Bread

It's raining today, so I figured it was a sign from above that I should just stay home. Who am I to argue? The weather has been so glorious lately that I've been putting off my household chores. Who wants to stay inside and mop or do laundry when the skies are blue and the sun is shining? Not me, that's who! I figured that if I was going to be here all day, I might as well try out a Cinnamon Swirl Bread recipe that I found not too long ago. It's pretty simple to make, but HOLY COW does it take some serious time! (That's why I haven't tried it before.) I am a sucker for cinnamon bread, but I don't buy it very often because for some crazy reason, bakers seem to think that you also want raisins in it. I'm not a big fan of raisins. Neither are the rest of my family. I started on the cinnamon bread (sans raisins) and got to the part where it had to sit and rise for...two hours. This led me to something else that I've been putting off... Waxing my antique bread boards. I bought this in December of 2009. I bought the wax not long after that. Can anyone say "procrastination"? My bad. My excuse is that it looked fantastic without the wax, so what's the hurry? The great news is that it looks even more awesome with it. (And I haven't even buffed it off yet.) By tomorrow morning, it will be dried, buffed, and back in the corner of my dining room in all it's glory. Another job checked off of my "to do" list. On to more chores. I have to keep busy, because if I don't... I'll end up back at the antique store and spending more...bread. Aren't these trunks fantastic? Wouldn't that bottom one make the most interesting coffee table or end table (with storage) in the world? *sigh* Must keep busy. Must keep busy. Must keep busy. Hey, I think the rain is lightening up. Could that be a sign?

3 comments:

  1. I am ab-so-lutely with you on the raisins in the cinnamon bread thing - Not yummy! I also prefer my oatmeal cookies without raisins... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cool trunks! Are those at Slegers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valency - we need to revolt and stamp out raisins! I think it's the fact that they are kind of soggy when they are cooked. Not appealing at all!

    Erika - Yep. It's Slegers. Is there anywhere else? ;0)

    ReplyDelete