Tuesday, December 8, 2009

If I Ever Own A Castle...

It was a lovely day in Belgium to go out Antique shopping with friends, so of course, who am I to refuse such an opportunity? Off we went. I love this place. Each time I go, they have new and wonderful items to examine, as well as some old friends who are simply biding their time until they find their new home. This table falls into the second category. It's been there since my first visit. It's quite possible that there isn't much call for a dining room table that seats 22 people. I have no idea why. This is #1 on my "If I Ever Own A Castle" shopping list. The first thing I'll do is pick this baby up. Just think of the dinner parties! (I imagine that if I can afford the castle, surely I can afford a cook as well. If not, I'll just bug Erika until she folds and bakes me all sorts of her Pampered Chef goodies.) This beauty is on the list, too. I love all of the intricate carvings on it. I didn't even glance at the price tag. After all, if you own a castle, you don't have to ask. I'm just saying...I don't know where these beauties will fit in the castle, but I'll take them just the same. Again, the attention to detail is amazing. Oh, well. Until I get my castle, I will just get items that fit in here. I've been on the prowl for a coat rack for the entry way since I moved in, and today...score! It's wooden, so it doesn't weight nearly as much as the metal ones, and it's in excellent shape.
This item is one that I've been eyeing since I first started going to this store. It's an old tiered bread board stand. I can't believe it was still there! We'll call it fate. Thanks to my enablers (Erika, Melissa and Denise), it found it's way into my van today and is now relaxing in a quiet corner of the dining room. I'm sure it will be very happy there.
In case you were wondering about the trog that I picked up the last time, here it is in all of it's Christmas finery. Russ calls it the holiday trough. I had pumpkins in it for Thanksgiving, and now it is all decked out for Christmas. We'll call it a new tradition. I'm sure the animals won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment