Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Follow Me to Traben-Trarbach, Germany

 When you have a gorgeous three day weekend, you know you have to take advantage of it.  We decided to head to Germany one last time before our move, and do a little exploring.  Normally, my exploring is based on castles, but this time I wanted to just walk around one of the little towns along the Moselle River. A friend of mine recommended Traben-Trarbach, and we were not disappointed.  And guess what... there is a castle on the hillside above the town, so that's a bonus!  
 Traben-Trarbach is nestled between the hills, and lies along both banks of the Moselle River. Traben is on one side, and Trarbach is on the other.  The hillsides that aren't forest, are covered with vineyards. It's like something out of a fairy tale. 
 As an added bonus, they were having an antique car show along the banks of the river.  How awesome is that?  They had just about every type of vehicle that you can imagine.
 But this beauty was my favorite.  Isn't she stunning?  Couldn't you see me cruising around Ft. Walton Beach in this?  OK, I'd be too nervous to drive her, but I'd stare at her.  A lot.  I even told Russ that I would give up all my Polish Pottery if he bought her for me.  I expect them to deliver her any day now. 
 I picked out this little number for Jess.  It's the perfect car for a college gal.  When you're done driving it, you just put it in your pocket until you need it again.  The entire front of the car opens like a door so the driver can get in and out. 


 We had some fun taking pictures on the bridge.  Have you ever felt like someone was watching you?  Nah.  Me either. 
 And there is my patient and ever so tolerant hubby.  I'm not sure if he was admiring the view or pretending that he wasn't with the strange people taking lots of ridiculous pictures on the bridge. 
 We walked around the town some more, enjoying the beautiful architecture, and then it was time to head for home. 

 Check out this amazing view of the Moselle River.  This might just be the best view in all of Germany! 
 (I don't know why this picture jumped out of order, but here it is just the same.)


We had a fantastic day exploring beautiful Traben-Trarbach.  And we added another wonderful memory to our time in Europe.  Hope your weekend was just as great!

No comments:

Post a Comment