Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Said Good-Bye To Slegers-Heise ... Really... This Time I mean It

 I've been without a vehicle for a little while now, so I've been doing chores around the house and not much else.  On Monday, I took Russ to work so I could have the car to run some errands.  I know it sounds suspicious, but that's really what happened.  I had to pick up the kids dental records, some groceries, and a few other things in preparation for our upcoming move.  I finished quicker than I expected, so I decided to just swing by Slegers for one last visit.  All of my furniture has been packed and shipped out, so it seemed like a pretty safe idea.  It's not like I was planning on buying anything, you know. 
 I took one last walk around the building, admiring the antiques and wishing I had room for that lovely carousel. I was just about to leave when I saw it. 
I know.  I already have 4 scales (packed and on their way to the states), but doesn't it drive you crazy to have things displayed in even numbers?  And it has a big "B" on it.  It's like it was made especially for me!  What?  Only 30 euros?    Ugh!  I was standing there, debating purchasing it, when my cell phone started ringing.  Seriously?  Were his Spidey senses tingling?  Is he having me followed?  Long story short, he said to just go for it.  Worst case, I'll just mail it to our new base.  I mean, it's not like I can just pop back over to my favorite antique store and pick up another one, right?  Hmmm.  I might have to think about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment