Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pottery Class...Part Deux


Here they are.  My babies from my second round of Pottery Class are glazed, fired, and finally home.  I couldn't be more proud of them.  I tried to go more for quality than quantity this time, and I think I did pretty well.  I'm sure that most people try to master one thing, but I was all over the place with my creations.
This is my strawberry colander, and it's my pride and joy. I can't wait to try it out!  I swiped the idea from Kimberly.  She made one first, and the second I saw it, I knew I had to try it.   

Here are my candle holder, small vase, and plant holder.  The candle holder was sort of an experiment, and I almost trashed it.  (We call it "killing the baby" in class.)  After seeing it glazed, it's turned into one of my favorites. 
 These... are my butter bells.  Poor Danny didn't know what to make of these, but he was very patient and encouraging while I created them.  After I made the one on the right, Sarah told me that it looked like a mushroom.  I added the polka dots, and now it's a work of art.  I can't wait to display it on my kitchen counter!

And last, but not least, I made two more pitchers (pottery code for I can't seem to get the top even) and a coffee mug.  After seeing my last post, I'm sure you're asking yourself why on earth I would need another mug. Each week during class, we would stop half way through and take a coffee break.  Danny would set up a table for us (inside the shop if it was raining, or outside in the sun filled yard if it was not) and serve us fresh coffee and treats while we talked.   And we talked a lot.  We discussed everything from the differences of living in Belgium versus America, food, travel, television, and just about everything you can imagine.   And we laughed.  A lot.   During these breaks, we drank coffee out of mugs that Danny had made inside his shop.  I decided that I wanted to try to make a mug that looked like his, so I would always remember these fantastic days that I spent here.  These are some of the happiest memories that I have made in Belgium.  These are the things that I will miss the most when I leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment