Monday, June 4, 2012

She Creaks, She Sighs...Our Belgian House Says Good-Bye

We are completely moved out of our Belgian house.  It's exciting, but it's also very very sad. This house was our home for the last three years.  It's hard to let her go.  I ran a couple of errands and automatically headed back to her.  I was almost there when I realized that it wasn't my home anymore.  She was a big part of our lives.  I spent a lot of time in this house.  Just me and my friendly ghost.  You know the one.  He turned on the GPS occasionally when I brought it inside, slammed a couple of windows in the attic, and made a few noises here and there to let me know I had company.   I rather enjoyed my ghost.  It was all part of our Belgian experience.  I have many happy memories that I will be taking with me when we leave here:  biking and walking along the canal, parades through the centrum, listening to the bells of our beautiful church chiming out the hours of the day, getting pralines and hand made ice cream at Leonidas, and shopping at the local grocery store and bakery.  Those are just a few of the highlights.  There are many more.  We were blessed to have lived here.  Thank you to our wonderful landlord and the kind neighbors on our street who treated us like part of their community.  We will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment