Saturday, October 22, 2011

Changes

Saturday brought blue skies and sunshine, but not warm temperatures. Russ decided it was the perfect weather for a run on the canal. I didn't agree, but it was the perfect day for a bike ride. So off we went. I love watching all of the changes that each season brings to our canal, but there were other changes today that weren't so enjoyable. This is what it normally looks like out there. Two lovely rows of trees along the bank, their varied sizes and colors make a beautiful frame for the quiet waters. Apparently someone had other ideas. The peaceful morning was disturbed by the grinding of chainsaws at work. This is what it looks like now. Thinned out and straggly looking. And sad. I wasn't the only one concerned about the activity. I happened to run into my new friend and occasional jogging buddy, and she was not amused. We chatted a little bit about what was going on, but she really had no better idea than I did on who was in charge. She took off to make a couple of phone calls to straighten it all out, and I started on my way again. I quickly caught up with Russ, and we made our way back home. Hopefully, our next visit to the canal won't bring any more surprises. I have a feeling my friend has some connections, so we should be safe. She's very persistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment