Saturday, October 15, 2011

Aventure Parc is AWESOME!!!

When some friends of ours invited us to go to Aventure Parc this weekend, I was a little hesitant. I wasn't sure I was up to the task, for one. And #2, I'm just a little nervous about heights. Russ, of course was all in from the minute he heard about it. After checking out their website, I decided to just go for it. And guess what... Best. Day. Ever. Did I mention that Brandon got his braces on yesterday? When Jess got her braces, we took her on a camping adventure in Alaska that afternoon. Brandon got to go on a confidence course in Belgium when he got his. At least this way they aren't focusing on how much their mouths hurt.
The park is in a beautiful setting, and very professionally run. Just follow the path through the woods until you get to the office. After you pay, they fit you for your stylish jumpsuit and safety harness. OK, maybe the jumpsuit is a little goofy, but all jokes aside, it is very comfortable and it does save you from getting your clothes dirty or torn during the course.





There are three categories of courses at Aventure Parc: green, red and black. Green is the easiest, and black is the toughest. The courses wind above, below and around each other through the woods. During the course, you have to balance across beams, hop from one wooden post to another, and swing across on ropes.



Yes, you even get to ride a bike across a narrow wooden bridge high up in the air. Don't worry, though. During all of these activities, you are attached to a safety cable by a harness that you are strapped into. Even if you fall, you don't really fall. You drop about a foot or two and have to pull yourself back up to keep going.



See those green barrels in the distance? That was one of my favorite things. You have to lay on your back and pull yourself through. The hardest part was getting in and out of the barrels. It was a little unnerving when I hit the first gap between barrels, though. My rear slipped down in the gap and I panicked just a little bit. When my safety harness took hold, I could breath again. It's definitely a learning experience. And one serious workout!




Some of the courses are very high in the trees. Black is the highest and most challenging of all.



I think part of what made this day so much fun was the awesome group of people we went with. Our KB friends joked and encouraged each other throughout the course. Brandon was a rock star. He was the only kid in our group, so we were afraid that we'd have to take things kind of slow, but after figuring out how it worked, he took off. I don't know how he got through some of those courses so quickly. Toward the end, he would stop on the platform between tasks and ask "Do we need to take a break and rest, Mom?" My answer was always yes!!! He's a good kid. I was worn out.



To get from one platform to another, you have to balance on these wooden logs and swing yourself to the next one. It looks tough, doesn't it? Well, it is. Very tough, but so much fun!



The wooden ladder connecting the platforms was lots of fun,too. The best part of this one was that waiting at the top platform was the best zip line ever invented! You slide down from the top of a tree, over the path and to another section of trees where the children's course is. It's a blast!



Way too soon, it was time to head out and pick up Jess from her volleyball game. We had so much fun. I can't want to plan another group trip to Aventure Parc. If you are feeling even more adventurous, they also have a bungee jump and a free fall jump into a giant inflated pillow. Today was awesome. And tiring. I'm pooped. Did I mention it was awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment