Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh, Deer!

All around the area, you see these little deer in pens behind houses. I'm not sure if they serve as pets, or the main course on someones dinner table. They are very nice creatures, and not much bigger than a large dog. Anyway, it's an interesting picture that I thought I'd share. We had a very busy weekend, between the 4th of July party on Saturday and the food and drink festival in Peer on Sunday. I would have had pictures of those to share, but I have a teenager. When I pull the camera out now, she groans "Mother! You look like a tourist!" (Add rolling eyes and disgusted expression.) I thought I was being very considerate when I switched to the smaller camera that I can hide in my purse... as opposed to my big Rebel that normally dangles around my neck. Apparently not. In any event, the food and drink festival was really interesting. It's very similar to the Monday market. Different vendors set up their booths on Market Street and give out free samples of their products. If you like it, they have plenty for sale. We bought some goat cheese spread from a local dairy. Brandon and I love it. It's great on toast or crackers. We also picked up some yummy blueberry jam. The best purchase of the day had to be the fresh waffles, with a sprinkling of powdered sugar, and light whipped cream piped all over the top. Is your mouth watering yet? Yes, it was that good! Add the music, perfect weather and small town atmosphere, and you have a wonderful afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment