Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Living In A Castle?

I guess my fascination with castles is finally paying off. It looks like we're moving into one. Well, maybe not officially a castle, but it's close enough for me! Can't you just see these stairs leading up to an ivory tower? (That's where we are locking up our princess to keep her away from all those Belgium boys.) This is our front entry. Doesn't that space beside the stairs just scream out for a set of knight's armor? Of course it does! (Someone is going to have to hit the antique shops!) I wonder if he will fit into the trunk, or if I will just buckle him into the seat beside me as we cruise the countryside. I'm sure he would appreciate the feel of the wind whistling through his visor.
I've already found him a noble steed in training. This fine young fellow is a spring colt who lives down the road from our castle. He's a handsome devil, isn't he? He wasn't sure what to think of the crazy American who stopped to take his picture. Apparently the locals don't do that sort of thing. Go figure! That's OK. By the end of the year, I'll have him posing like a professional. I don't have my trusty moose, Bob, to photograph any more, so he will just have to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment