Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Passion For Pottery

My love for Polish pottery has lead me in a new direction. I'm learning how to make it! (Pottery, that is. Not Poland.) How cool is that? Today was my first class, and I'm hooked. I will add that it's a lot harder than it looks. And messy. Very messy. But that's all part of the fun. Today, we learned how the pottery wheel works, and how to center our clay on the wheel. We also learned how to control the clay a little bit. I know that sounds very simple, but it's not. 95% of the time, the clay wobbles back and forth in a lumpy mess, with white chalky water flying everywhere. It's a work in progress. Luckily, our teacher is very nice and extremely patient. About half way through, he made us coffee and fed us snacks. He rocks. I'm already looking forward to next week. I will become one with the clay. I will find my inner artist. I can do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment