Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer...I Blinked, Where Did It Go?

Ahhhh. It seems like just yesterday that the kids and I were running naked through the streets of Brussels, frolicking with our goat and.... um.....wait a minute. Maybe that wasn't us. Things have been a little crazy lately, so I can't be sure. I have no idea what happened to summer. One minute, it's the end of June, and 8 weeks of glorious freedom are spread out in front of us. The next minute, it's time to go back to school. What? I even made a list! (I am the queen of lists. You'll find them all over my house.) I did lots of research, and came up with all sorts of entertaining and educational days trips to keep me and the kids busy while poor Russ slaved away at work. I thought we'd go to the zoo in Antwerp, visit a few local points of interest, and maybe even squeeze in a chocolate making class for Brandon and his friends. Somehow, the summer was too busy to do more than one or two things that I had planned. *heavy sigh* The days of Adventure Camp, amusement parks, local markets, and visiting family back in the good old US of A are a distant memory. Fall is in the air. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I love the Fall. It was always so exciting to get new school supplies, and carefully arrange them in my backpack. The kids are ready. (Well, mostly ready.) Their notebooks are full of crisp white paper. The calculators are charged and the pencils are sharpened. The mental part might take a little longer. It's hard to give up those carefree days of summer. Maybe it's time to start another list. My "Fun Things To Do In The Fall In Europe" list. This has lots of possibilities. In fact, I'll start right now! #1. Come up with a shorter name for my new list...

No comments:

Post a Comment