Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Queen of the South, Belgian Style

When you pass this building, you can't help but stop and take a second look. It's just so interesting. Inside and out. It's Queen of the South, and antique store and restaurant, located in Genk. I just had to go inside and check it out. We had just eaten lunch, so we'll have to go back another time to try out the restaurant.

This is the view just inside the front courtyard. I didn't take any pictures inside. I was too distracted by all of the fantastically unusual things that I was looking at in the antique store. This is not your regular antique store, either. They sell architectural antiques. There is a huge section with nothing but antique doors. Another section has stairs. Yet another section has fireplaces. You get the idea. You meander through crowded room after room, and finally end up in the outer back courtyard with all sorts of lovely goodies to decorate your yard. They have fantastic fountains! If you find yourself with an hour or two to kill, I suggest you check this place out. All I can say is...WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment