Monday, March 8, 2010

My Kind Of Monday

I think I might have hurt Stanley's feelings just a little bit. I asked him if he was ready to go home, and he sadly told me that there were still a few things that he'd like to experience in Belgium. I insisted that I was not trying to get rid of him. I just thought he might be a little home sick for his friends in Crestview, Florida. While he does miss them terribly, he said he couldn't leave this country without trying a couple of things that it's famous for. Never let it be said that I sent poor Stanley home disappointed. Today, I took him out to lunch with friends, so he could try some of the local food. No, I didn't let him drink my cappuccino. He did keep eyeing my little heart shaped waffle that came with it, though. Erika had to hold him back from grabbing it right off my plate! After a little discussion about good manners, we ordered lunch. It turns out that Stanley had been looking forward to eating one of our famous Belgian waffles. They aren't like the kind of waffles that are served in the US. They are very light and fluffy, and have a vanilla taste to them. As an added treat, they had fresh pineapples and whipped cream on top of them. You can get lots of great things on top of your waffles here. One of the most popular toppings is chocolate sauce! Stanley had the nice lady at the cafe add vanilla ice cream to his waffle. Just ignore that healthy salad in the background. Today was all about experiencing the treats that Belgium has to offer. (This might explain the lack of weight loss we've been experiencing at the gym lately, though. This also might not have been what that health magazine was talking about when they said to eat more fruit.) After we left the cafe, we drove over to Peer so that Stanley could visit Leonidas Chocolate Shop. He asked me to take his picture with this giant chocolate egg. He said he had never seen one this big before! It was big enough for Stanley to sleep in! After our lunch, we decided that we had eaten enough sweets for today, so we picked up a small bag of chocolate eggs for Stanley to try at another time, and headed on back home. Stanley can check two more things off of his list of things to see and do in Belgium. He mentioned one more thing that he'd like to see, so I'm going to do my best to take him there later this week. Hopefully it will work out. The place I am planning on taking him has a very special surprise inside. I have a feeling Stanley is going to be one very happy little boy when he sees it...

No comments:

Post a Comment