Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Birthdays And Anniversaries, Oh My!

16 years ago yesterday, our little baby girl was born. To make it even more special, she was born on her Dad's Birthday! (Top that present! I bet you can't!) I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Just look how young these two were! Things were much slower back then. We had no idea. Now, it's hard to just get everyone in the same room at the same time! It was after 7 pm before everyone was home and we could celebrate the birthdays. Russ is working crazy hours right now, and Jess is tied up with soccer practice on most days. Ahhhh...the modern family. We did have a great celebration, though. It was worth the wait. Jess is very excited to have turned 16, and Russ is very pleased to be...um...35. With every one's crazy schedules, Jess decided to postpone her party until she has more free time. Just to make sure she didn't feel sad that she isn't having one right now, Brandon and I filled up her room with balloons while she was at soccer practice. She got a big kick out of that. Today is Russ and my 20th Anniversary. I can't believe we've been married that long! (I also can't believe he's put up with me for that many years! People commit crimes and get less time than that!) Anyhoo, it's been a fantastic 20 years, and we are looking forward to many, many more together.I snuck over to the base and filled up his car with balloons while he was at work today. He doesn't even know it yet. Hee hee hee. He's going to have to do a lot of popping before he can drive home tonight! He might be rethinking this whole 20 year thing. He's probably wondering when he'll be up for parole!

No comments:

Post a Comment