Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday At The Eifel Bazaar

Each year, around this time, Spangdahlem AB in Germany hosts the Eiffel Bazaar. Three days filled with glorious European shopping, all contained in two gigantic hangers. Yes, it's amazing. The kids weren't that impressed with the possibility of watching Mom haul in more Polish pottery and antiques, so they bowed out of the adventure. Besides, they wanted to catch up on their beauty sleep. Russ and I woke up to a dark and foggy Fall morning, and took off on our treasure hunt.



We weren't disappointed. I was a good girl and passed by the pottery this time, but it took all of my will power to do so. They had Polish, Italian, and Spanish pottery, and it was all so tempting. They had antique furniture, new furniture, wine, cheese, tapestries, and just about anything you could wish for. We did bring home a couple of goodies. Won't these look lovely in our future castle?


And the second I saw these, I just knew they had to come home with me. They are huge and glorious (each around 7 -8 inches long). I'm starting to think that half our weight allowance will be made up of keys, but I just love them so much and they are a very inexpensive thing to collect, so what's the harm? Can you imagine what sort of doors they might open? I know. The kids didn't get it either. I'm fine with that.


The sun was setting as we headed back home. It was a long day, but lots of fun spent with my favorite person. This is one of the things that I'll miss most when we head back to the states. We'll just have to make the most of our time left in Europe... before we have to head back to reality. Did I mention that the season of Christmas Markets has begun?

No comments:

Post a Comment