Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crazy Weather

This is what I woke up to this morning. And then it got worse. You couldn't even see the back fence. The weather has not been on it's best behavior lately. We had non stop rain for about two weeks, and then the fog set in. One thing that I've noticed about the locals, though, is that nothing slows them down. A couple of days ago, the rain was pouring down, and an elderly gentleman near us was out sweeping the leaves off of his sidewalk like it was just another sunny day. You still see them out doing yard work and riding their bikes on errands, no matter how bad the weather is. They're tough in Belgium. When the rough weather hits, you can be sure to find me snuggled on the couch, under my favorite blanket, and watching a movie. I'm a wimp. I admit it, and I'm OK with that. There is a rumor that fluffy white stuff will soon be here. If it does, feel free to stop by. We can watch Under The Tuscan Sun and dream about Spring.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, did you see the pics of the fog I posted? It was weird not being able to see the horse pasture and the tress...BUT...you could hear the horses running around! When I got up this morning, I said "OH! Hi trees! Back from your vacation, eh?"

    ReplyDelete