Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday Thoughts


For most of my life, I have toyed with the idea of writing a book. I've always enjoyed writing in one form or another. I started out with poetry, and then moved on to short stories. As a young teenager, I "threatened" my Mom with the idea of writing Mommy Dummy. It was a tell-all expose on how I, as the perfect teen, knew everything and my parents did not. I was terribly abused, of course. This book never came to pass, but the parents will be happy to know that I now have a teenager who knows everything and I "just don't understand!" Apparently she is terribly abused as well. I live for the day when she, too, has a teenage daughter. Revenge... Anyhoo, I was doing a little surfing on the web a few weeks ago and came across this lovely site that informed me that I had already written a book! Go figure! Through Blog2Print, you can have your blog printed into book form. The prices aren't too bad, unless you find yourself as long winded as I tend to be. It lets you tailor exactly what you want printed, as well. You can just chose the entries that you like, and then decide if you want to include (or not) comments from your readers. I suppose I might wander back through my blog, pick out my favorites, and have a little book printed out. Russ keeps telling me that this blog is essentially a scrapbook of our adventures, and I suppose this proves that he is right. It's nice to be able to have a printed version to look back over some day. You know, when computers are obsolete and we just send thought message to one another. I'm just saying...

1 comment:

  1. That's a nice idea! I just can't let go of printed stuff - photos or books, postcards, letters....! I'll take a look, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete