Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pottery Class

In case you were wondering, pottery class is still in full swing, but there are very few classes left. And that makes me sad. Of all the things that I'll miss about Belgium, this ranks very close to the top. It's been tons of fun learning how to throw clay, chatting with the ladies and harassing Danny (our teacher). Come to think of it, he might be looking forward to the end of our classes. Nah. He's a great sport, and he's really taught us a lot. And fixed our mistakes when we mess up big time. My latest creation is my butter bell. If you want to see what they are supposed to look like, then check out this site. Mine is more... original. I made two, actually, but this one is my favorite. While cleaning it up, and making sure it all fit together before I added the handle on top, I realized it looked like a mushroom. Someone suggested that instead of the handle, I just add spots, so I went for it. I'm very pleased with the results. All the other butter bells in the world will be jealous. (And yes, I know that the second picture is sideways, but Blogger wouldn't behave.)

No comments:

Post a Comment