Monday, March 19, 2012

The Belgian Rebel

On the main street of a nearby town, a man decided to build a house. Nothing unusual about that, because construction is a booming business in Belgium. He started with a rather large hole, piling up the dirt in what will become his back yard. Once the basement was completed, he accepted a shipment of golden logs. Now he had my attention. Log houses are all the rage in Alaska, but I haven't seen a single one in Belgium. (In case you are wondering at this point if I'm stalking this poor man, I am not. I just happen to travel through his town pretty often and I need little things like this to entertain me.) He formed the foundation, and slowly the walls began to grow. Taller and taller the orange toned beams climbed... until he had a two story log cabin, complete with a covered back porch and lots of windows. At this point, you would picture him relaxing on said porch, sipping on a cold beer and surveying fields of corn out behind the house. Unfortunately, there is still a huge mountain of dirt there. Due to the long construction process, it is now covered with weeds and grass. I'm wondering if the neighbors complained about the unsightly mess, because he recently installed another addition to his unusual abode. Right on the tip top of the messy mountain, there now flies a rather large rebel flag. Take that, nosy neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment