Monday, January 30, 2012

Snow!

To say that we are excited here is a huge understatement. After two winters of heavy snowfall, this year we have been left with... nothing. Until today, that is. When we woke up this morning, it was to find about an inch or two of the fluffy white stuff all over the ground. As I was doing my happy dance all around the living room, the kids were rolling their eyes and asking what the big deal was. (You'll have to excuse them. After 4 years in Alaska, they're a little jaded about snow.) My American friends over here get it, though. They did the virtual happy dance with me on FaceBook. And some even braved the elements to get out and explore the gorgeous day with me. It's still falling, slow and steady outside my window. Who knows what tomorrow may bring, so I'm certainly going to enjoy today. I mean, come on. It's SNOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment