Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Antwerp For Lunch

Just a few years ago, today would never have seemed possible. Sometimes I still have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. On a whim, I asked some friends if they would like to go to Antwerp for lunch. They did, of course. I mean, who wouldn't? It wasn't long ago that lunch with friends meant the food court at the local mall. (And that was a treat in itself.) Today, we took the train to Antwerp, walked down the city streets to the Cathedral, and had hand tossed pizza in a lovely little Italian Cafe in the shadow of the Church. And it was fantastic. Of course, the company was the best part of the day. We laughed, explored, ate, shopped, and laughed some more. These are the things that I will remember most when we have to leave Europe. Great times with great people. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment