Wednesday, August 24, 2011

When It Rains...

This has been a summer of very strange weather. Yesterday was no exception. We woke up to beautiful blue skies, but by early afternoon, it was turning a tad cloudy. No biggie, right? I decided to head over to the local grocery store to pick up a few things before the rain started. The sky was filled with light gray clouds. I shopped for less than 15 minutes, and as I was checking out, I realized that it had gotten quite a bit darker outside. When I reached the parking lot, I saw a huge wall of black clouds rolling toward me. Was this the end of the world? The apocalypse? Will the zombies be attacking soon? Should I have bought more speculoos cookies and paste? (Zombies love speculoos, you know.) I ran for the van and high tailed it back home. I just made it through the door when the sky turned as black as night, and the bottom dropped out. Luckily no zombies showed up, and I was able to enjoy the speculoos all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment