Monday, August 22, 2011

Firsts And Lasts

Today is the first day of school. As you can see, we all have mixed emotions about today. It's because this year is a mixture of firsts and lasts for all of us. It's the first day of the last year of school in lovely Belgium. It's also Jess' Senior year, so it's her last first day in High School. It's Brandon's last first day of Jr. High. And it goes on from there. This time next year, we'll be living somewhere back in the US. Brandon will be starting High School. Jess will be starting college. Soon everything will be changing. Big changes, too. And as exciting as that all is, it's also very sad. When on earth did my babies grow up? I'm not ready for them to start going off on their own. Heck, I wasn't ready for them to go back to school. I like having them around. So as they are off in school, diving into the excitement of seeing friends that haven't seen in the last couple of months, meeting new teachers, having new experiences, I'll be here at home... pouting. I'm keeping busy, though. I even have a check list. (You know how I love my check lists!) I'm slowly working my way down it. Have a cup of coffee and catch up on FaceBook... check. Update my blog... check. Scrub the bathroom... well, maybe I'll have another cup of coffee first. No sense in rushing things.


No comments:

Post a Comment