Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our Belgian Advent Calendar

I was in Dreamland (it's just like a Toys R Us) one day last month, and happened upon a Lego Advent Calendar. I thought the kids would get a kick out of it, Brandon in particular. After all, you never outgrow Lego's, do you? I know I didn't. Each day, you open a little door and find a new character or object to construct. There is a picture on the inside of each door that gives you the instructions as to what you are making that day. It's lots of entertainment. I get a kick out of seeing what Brandon adds to the scene each day.
This Lego Land revolves around a city scape. Each new piece adds to the details of a lovely home. There is Mom preparing dinner with her huge loaf of French bread, and Dad arriving home from work with briefcase in hand. Little Becky Sue is playing a kickin' song on the drums, and Tommy is pretending to fight evil knights with his sword. There is a roaring fire and lots of toys scattered around. Oh, the joys of Christmas. Then, a couple of days ago, things got a little weird. By weird, I mean very disturbing. Lego might have scarred my little angels for life.

Your eyes are not deceiving you. That's Santa, wearing a speedo, and taking a shower. In the living room. They even included a nice brush to scrub his back with. To say that our house was in an uproar over this development is an understatement. The kids and I are now seeking therapy. We might never be able to look at jolly old St. Nick the same way again. Only in Europe. Scarred for life, I tell you.
Scarred for life.

3 comments:

  1. That is HILARIOUS!! Also hilarious: Barb spells "Lego" like Eggo waffles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't make fun of the spelling impaired! That's bad juju! I blame it on speedo Santa!

    ReplyDelete