Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's Spring...

Well, maybe I'm jumping the gun a little bit on that one, but it's definitely warmer. The snow has melted, the temps have gone back into the 40's, and I'm one happy camper. Ahhhhh. (You have no idea how slippery cobblestones are when they are covered with ice and snow!) Besides, it's so much more tempting to hide indoors, sitting at the computer with a hot cup of coffee, when it's snowing outside. I'm ready for Spring. In the meantime, my friends and I decided to celebrate the warmer temps with a little day trip to Aachen, German. What does one do in Aachen, you ask? Well, go for a sushi lunch, of course. Isn't that what everyone goes to Germany for? Actually, I'm told that the BEST place around here for sushi is in Eindhoven, but they weren't open for lunch, so...off to Aachen. It was a great day, full of lots of laughs. Aachen is one of those cities that you just love to walk around and admire. This is the Cathedral. One of these days, when it's a little warmer, I'm going to take the family here and we are going to check out the inside of this beauty. This is the time of year when I start making out my list of things that I REALLY want to see. I told the family to enjoy these lazy winter weekends, because when Spring arrives, we are on the road again. I can't wait. I've already started marking things down. Let's see...there's Paris, London, Brugges (this time it will be warm enough to really check it out!), Bastogne, Cochem Castle in Germany...the list goes on and on. This is going to be a great Spring and Summer. I can just feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment