- I will try to remember the hubby's motto of "Is there any added value...?" This is really a great thing to remember. It relates to just about everything. Before I react to situations (or people) that irritate me, I will stop and think for a minute. Is there any added value in saying or doing something rude in return? Will it change anything? Will it make anything better? Probably not. Best to just let it go.
- I will try to add just a little less sugar to my morning coffee, eat one less piece of delectable Belgian chocolate, get a slightly smaller serving at mealtime. The little things add up.
- I will try and visit the gym. I hear it's a lovely building with interesting and educational equipment in it. If I'm lucky, I might even climb on one of the machines and ...exercise. Baby steps...baby steps....Remember, the key to success lies in attainable goals.
- I will try to learn a little more Nederlands (Dutch). Apparently, being able to order basic items off of the menu and saying "please", "thank you", and "the boy is reading" in Nederlands is not quite enough to successfully carry on a conversation with the locals. Who'd have thought?
- I will buy one less item at the antique store. Well, maybe not. Let's not get carried away here.
That should just about do it. I think these goals are more than reasonable. Attainable. Easy to remember. These are my kind of goals. I wish all of you well on this fine New Year's Eve. It's been a good year. 2010 promises to be just as enjoyable, only with a little less sugar. I'm just saying.