Thursday, September 10, 2009

I love My PoefPoef Lazy Bag!

I've been on the hunt for bean bag chairs. This might seem like an easy thing to all of you spoiled people in the states, but over here, it's a treasure hunt. I have found lots and lots of them that are small or medium, but I was looking for something a tad larger. I wanted something that the kids could really sink into while they watched movies or played video games. Today... success! I discovered a wonderful store in Opglabbeek. (I know what you are doing now. You're reading the word Opglabbeek out loud. It's a fun word to say, isn't it? For you kids keeping up with the class, you will know from an earlier post that we cool people now refer to Opglabbeek as "The Op".) Anyhoo, the store is called Van Cranenbroek. It's very similar to Big Lots back in the states. They have a little bit of everything at pretty good prices. I only poked around a little, because I was on a mission, but I'd love to go back and explore it further. I found what I had been looking for. They call it a PoefPoef Lazy Bag, and for just under 30 euros, it's a bargain! Besides, I provided lots of entertainment for the locals as I hauled these two bad boys down the aisle and over to the register. For once, people weren't staring at me because I'm American. They were staring at me because I looked a little crazy. Can't say as I blame them. These puppies are HUGE! They are 150 cm square. For those of us mathematically challenged, I looked it up and that's just over 4'9". It looks bigger to me. (Let's just say I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have a minivan.) To give you an idea how big they are, this one is in front of my over sized sofa that my 6'3" hubby can stretch out on comfortably to take a nap. (Before you say anything, Mom, yes...I know that they are brown. I know that everything I've bought lately is brown or beige. I am in the process of getting some accent colors thrown in, but these things take time. Still, doesn't my new rug look FABULOUS!?!?)
Here's what they look like when they are shaped into chair form. They aren't as shiny as they appear to be here. Blame it on the flash. I'm curious to see what the hubby has to say about these when he gets home. I have a feeling he didn't realize just how big an item I was shopping for. This is probably going to be one of those 'roll his eyes and ask why on earth I bought them' type of situations. He should know better by now. I'm just saying.

3 comments:

  1. They look fabulous! It makes me want to go out there and look for one of those guys!! I just hope I'll be able to get up after sinking into one to watch tv or read! :)
    I like the colours you've used in your "woonkamer"!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch. I like the colors, too. We are really enjoying out new "chairs". They are big enough for all of us to hang out on them. Today, Brandon asked me if I thought he could jump off the upstairs balcony onto one of them. Ummmm, not quite! (It was just a matter of time before this occured to him, but I did think it would take longer than one day!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!! Oh dear.... Yes, it was inevitable. Just hope that if he does that, he actually manages to land on the poefs :o)

    ReplyDelete