Saturday, February 12, 2011

Epic Fail or Best Diet Ever...You Choose

As Jess and Brandon like to say...epic fail. I guess it was a good thing that we walked around Garmisch-Partenkirchen on Monday, because that was all I got to see of Bavaria on this visit. I had a Mediterranean salad for dinner that night, and added the chicken to it. Big mistake. Next thing I know, I'm touring the lovely porcelain fixture in the water closet. Alllllllllllll day on Tuesday. By Tuesday night, I'm passed out in bed, stomach turned inside out, wrung up, and hung out to dry. It wasn't pretty. (Any bad thoughts that are now passing through your mind about what you just read....are a vast understatement. I'm just saying.) I survived on a few crackers and some water until Wednesday night, when I ventured out of the room in search of something more solid. Unfortunately, all those delicious creamy sauces that I normally love aren't quite so attractive to a delicate stomach, so I nibbled here and there until we returned home on Friday. On the positive side, my jeans have a lot more room in them now. As Jess said after her similar experience last year: best. diet. ever. I'm starting to think that this TDY stuff is over rated. We tagged along with Russ last year, and Jess got sick. This year, it was my turn. Next year, if he has another one to Garmisch, we might just have to pass on it. Let's face it, Brandon's next in line, and he doesn't have any fat to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment