Thursday, May 26, 2011

Making Pottery

In case you were wondering, things are advancing nicely in my pottery class. I made four bowls and a little vase last week. I cleaned them up and added decorative handles to a couple of them this week, but sadly, I didn't get any pictures of them after that. Danny, our teacher, took one look and said "Do we like bowls?" I had to explain that my brain was saying "tall vase" each time, but my hands and the clay disagreed, and I ended up with a bowl. And another one. And then a third. After that, I just gave up and made a fourth bowl so the whole family would have one. I like that they each have their own personality. Some day, they will hold lovely things like olives and salsa. And cereal, if you aren't very hungry. (They are kind of small.) If you ever find yourself in need of a small bowl, you know where to look. I'm your gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment